Royal Glass is looking to hire a talented and professional glazier to measure, cut, and install glass in homes and businesses. A glazier’s responsibilities include working with blueprints to cut glass to specifications, assembling and fitting glass in windows, sliding doors, display cases, bathroom units and other home or commercial structures.
Successful glaziers have good eye-hand coordination, are proficient with reading a tape measure, able to lift heavy objects, have excellent communication skills, have high level of attention to detail, professional appearance, ability to deal with stressful situations, high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawings to determine the shape, size, color and thickness of glass
- Measuring and marking lines on glass prior to cutting
- Cutting glass and mirror to specified sizes
- Driving trucks to and from job sits. Valid drivers license is required
- Fabricating moldings for glass installation
- Cleaning the job area once glass has been installed and the customer is satisfied
- Installing various types of glass in frames, openings, etc
- Applying sealants
- Determine plumb and square conditions of walls and floors and openings
- Grind and polish glass to obtain smooth edges